Saturday, September 13, 2014

Week 2 Gambler's Corner

Hello all, here is the first edition of the gambler's corner for 2014.  Many who know me, know that I never make picks the first week of the NFL as you never know what team you will get in the first week.  We are now in week 2 and I am going to do my best to make you some money.  Here are my week 2 picks, but even though we are a week in, we are still a bit away from truly knowing who is who yet.  Here we go.

The Picks

Houston @ Oakland (40), I usually don't like to do this, but I am going to go with the under in this game.  Both teams are a bit offensively challenged and it is still early in the season, where defenses are usually way ahead.  Houston had a tough time running the ball, which seems to be the way they are going to focus their offense, which should take time off the clock.  Oakland, playing with a rookie quarterback are going to be running the ball and playing conservatively and although I would like to tease this game up for a few extra points, I am going to be brave and take the under here.

Detroit(2)@Carolina, I am going to take Detroit and the points as I believe in the Lions.  I think they will win this game outright as Carolina relies on the run and are playing a stout run defense.  Newton is playing, even though he is still injured, with a rookie receiver as his main threat.  It should be a close game, but I am going to stick by an earlier blog about believing in Stafford, despite the fact they are going into Carolina and a very good defense.  If Stafford gets this win, my earlier blog may be ringing true.

NY Jets(8) @ Green Bay,  this must be the way I am going with road dogs, but I might end up 0-3 on these picks.  I like the way the Jets are playing as they are going to be doing a lot of running and I don't see Green Bay doing a lot of stopping.  The Jets defense is going to get after Rodgers, and Lacy may have a hard time running the ball against Wilkerson and Richardson in the middle of that defensive line.  The bottom line is 8 points is a lot to give a good defense and running team, especially when your offensive line is being repaired on a weekly basis.  I am scared of this one a little bit, but I am sticking to my guns and these are my picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment