Friday, July 29, 2011

Say Hello to Nnamdi and Bye Bye to Asante

Just a couple of days ago I had a mentioned that Nnamdi would be paired with Asante and now it seems that I am only half right.   There is no way that the Eagles are keeping three of the top corners in the league and it would seem that Asante will be the odd man out.  He won't be as much of a cap hit as Nnamdi would have been so I think that the Texans and the Jets have been ringing the Eagles for the past couple of hours.  It just makes much more sense to keep Nnamdi and DRC as they are younger and can be kept together for a long time to come to terrorize NFC East receivers.  It is tough for me to swallow as I am an Asante fan and have come to admire the Eagles way, which is much like the Patriots without the Super Bowl wins.  They also picked up Jason Babin to help out the pass rush and now just need to bolster their linebacking corps to become a great all around defense as I don't think they have done enough to solidify their run defense.  Mark my words, in the next few days Asante will be wearing a new uniform and it might not be changing colors if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment