Friday, July 26, 2013

If Percy Harvin is Hurt, all bets are off for Seattle!

Might be as much as we see of Percy
with Seattle for a while!
It does not seem to be getting a lot of publicity yet, but if this is true about Percy Harvin and he has a real injury, that is going to really hurt Seattle this year.  Don't get me wrong, they are still a very good team and will be in the playoffs, but Percy makes them a true Super Bowl contender if not the favorite in my opinion. Having this guy on the outside with Marshawn Lynch in the backfield and a mobile quarterback like Russell Wilson running around will be too much for defenses, including a defense as good as the 49ers.
If this offense was not enough, this defense could be the best in the league by far.  Even with Bruce Irvin, who is moving to outside linebacker this year, out for the first few, defense will be tough to move on.  With Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett joining the team in the offseason, makes a very good defensive line.  The only soft spot in my opinion are the linebackers.  This can change if Bruce Irvin shows that he can do everything from the outside spot, which will give Bobby Wagner some much needed help.  The secondary is the best in the league, and I don't even think it is close.  You have arguable the best cornerback in Richard Sherman, Brandon Browner on the other side with Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor manning the safety spots.  Pretty tough to beat this group and did I mention that they signed Antoine Winfield, who will a great nickel back and will be able to come in and man the island if there is an injury or one of the main 2 need a break.
So, in my opinion, they are a Super Bowl favorite and a lock to go over 10.5 wins if Harvin is ready to go or can get back by week 4, or they are a playoff team and a tough call to get to 11 wins automatically.  I think they get 10 one way or the other but I do think Percy is worth a win or 2 as I respect his ability that much.  If I had to choose, I would pick the over either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment