Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gambler's Corner for Week 12

If you are still alive in your suicide pool, congratulations to you.  For the most part, many people are already done with their pools and after my terrible performance a couple of weeks ago, I took a week off and ready to go a different route.  To be fair, I don't think anybody saw St. Louis thrashing the only team that has beat Seattle and Denver, the Indianapolis Colts and the Jags were bound to get a win and it just happened to be the week that I picked against them.  So for this week going forward, I am going to throw in my gambling picks and see if I can pick up from where I left off 2 years ago, where I hovered around 60%.  Let us see how it works out this season.

The Picks

Indy +3 @ Arizona, as much as I like the way the Cardinals have been playing, the Colts just seem to win after starting slowly every week.  After that loss to St. Louis, I don't think Chuck Pagano will have them caught off guard any more.  Andrew Luck is as good as advertised, maybe not when it comes to fantasy numbers, but he is when it comes to winning games.  In 2 years, he has already won a good amount of games with basically 2 different head coaches as Bruce Arians took over for Pagano while he was sick last year.  Arians could be a factor as he knows Andrew Luck very well since he coached him last year, but in the end this Colt team will be too much for the Cardinals and I expect the Colts to win this game flat out.

Expect CJ to help the Titans get
back on track in Oakland.
Tennessee -1 @ Oakland, Matt McGloin coming off a pretty good game for the Raiders last week will probably come back to earth as it is pretty tough to play in this league as a rookie.  There is little tape, but McGloin is a backup in this league, which is no knock on him, but he is what he is.  The Raiders have been playing okay, but look for the Titans to come back from losing 2 really tough games against the Colts and the lowly Jags and get their fifth win in this battle of 4-6 teams.

Jacksonville +10 @ Houston, this would be a much tougher call if it was 2012, but the way that Houston has been playing this year, I have no idea how Vegas can have Houston giving 10 points to a college team this season. Jacksonville has been playing harder the last few weeks and I don't think Houston can score enough to cover 10 points.  I see Houston winning this game, but 10 points is just too much.

So that is a wrap for this week, hopefully we can end up with fatter pockets than it began.  Good luck with your gambling endeavors!

No comments:

Post a Comment