Friday, November 1, 2013

Suicide Picks for week 9

It is week 9 and if you are one of the lucky few that has Seattle left, they are playing at home against Tampa Bay.  If this game was not at home, I would think about giving this game a stay away as the Bucs can play some defense and Seattle does not have a ton of offense.  In Seattle, it is a different story though and I would expect you to use Seattle this late in the season in a suicide pool.  Most people will not have the luxury of having them left.

I find myself with a lot of stay away candidates as opposed to games that I like, but since we have to choose somebody, let us see if we can find some picks.

Although I hate to pick these guys as they are very hard to figure out, the Dallas Cowboys are at home against the Minnesota Vikings and had they had a tough loss last week.  They usually turn it around after one of those losses, so I expect this defense that has a hard time against the pass to welcome the poorly passing Vikings and put all of their efforts into stopping Adrian Peterson.  It probably won't be a blow out, but they will do enough to win.

Due to the lack of choices, I am going to pick New Orleans to beat the Jets, but these pesky Jets always seem to win the games they are not supposed to.  It seems that Sexy Rexy will be using one of Belichick's moves and covering Jimmy Graham with Antonio Cromartie, which is a smart move, but can the Jets cover everybody else including the new deep threat Kenny Stills.  The one issue I have with this game is Drew Brees' ability to lay duds on the road.  I would still pick these guys as there are not great options, but it could be an eliminator.

Stay Away


Bowe is a big reason
the Chiefs can not
move the ball
New England over Pittsburgh, this is a tough one as despite the fact that Pitt has been not doing that well, they are more than capable of beating New England as this is still a rivalry.  The Patriots have already been having a hard time throwing the ball, I don't suspect it will get easier with the #2 pass defense coming to town. 

San Diego over Washington, if you were thinking of going this route, I would suggest against it as the Chargers are playing pretty well this year, but the Redskins seem to be finding their way and more important they are at home this week.  RGIII is becoming more and more comfortable and I could easily see the Redskins pull off a victory this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment