Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 2 Suicide Picks

For the sake of seeing how I would actually do in a suicide pool, I am going to declare one team as my true suicide pick as if I was doing one for the year.  All 3 of my picks won last week, 2 of them were fairly close as Indy and New England really took it to the wire.  If anybody took my riskier week one pick, they were happily surprised as Kansas City never looked close to losing that game. Since my lock was New England, I am going to use them as my pick for last week and I will not be able to use them as my true pick for the rest of the season.  I can still use them in this column, just not as the main pick.  Let's move on to week 2 and see what we have.

Pick of the week:

Houston Texans,  I am not really confident about this pick, but Tennessee is coming off a big opening day road win over the Steelers and their very inept offense, which I think will make this a comedown game for them.  The Titans are going to be better than they were last year but they couldn't run last week and I think that trend will continue this week.  That being said, they will not be able to score too much against this defense and I don't think they will be able to slow down the Texans enough to win, especially in Houston. 

Who else do I like:

Baltimore Ravens, The Cleveland Browns are coming to town and this game is always closer than expected.  This time, the Ravens are coming off a game in which they were down right man handled.  They are known for their defense and that might have been the worst game this defense has played in a long, long time.  I am sure they heard about that all week and this defense is going to come more than prepared for this one.  Normally, this is a much bigger game for the Browns and the Ravens play down to Cleveland and keep them in the game.  Not this week, expect the Ravens to play like it is the playoffs this week and get a big win in their home opener.

 New Orleans,  Usually I stay away from New Orleans on the road, but they will be ready to go as Sean Payton and company know they need this division game to create as much separation with Atlanta as possible.  Tampa is coming off a really bad loss, but they don't have enough offense to compete with Brees and company.  Even with the additions of Revis and Goldson in the off season, Brees has plenty of other spots to throw to. 

Stay away:

Atlanta, they lost last week in a big game vs their divison rival, New Orleans, and they are playing at home, but I still think St. Louis may be for real this year.  Jeff Fisher has been at the helm for a bit and has changed the culture and the offense is looking pretty good.  Sam Bradford has a lot of new toys and he has been going to them fairly often as Jared Cook should have probably had 3 touchdowns last week if not for the honey badger knocking the ball out of his hands on the 2 yard line.  Tavon Austin is just getting comfortable and should start becoming more and more involved. Not saying that the Rams will win, but there are better games out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment