Saturday, September 28, 2013

Week 4 Suicide Picks

Hopefully, most of you are still alive into this week and there are a couple of good potential picks, but it always gets a little bit more difficult every week as  you have most likely used the best teams to date.  So far I have used New England, Houston and Seattle.  For this week, I am going to use as my pick as many may be, is the Indianapolis Colts.

Luck shouldn't need any of it
against the hapless Jags this week.
I don't think it is a total gimme as the Colts don't put up gaudy offensive numbers, so any given week they could be beat.  Many people may be already jumping on the who is Jacksonville and Oakland playing game, but a team going winless does not happen that often so eventually you will get caught playing that game.  The main reason I like this game is simply that the Jaguars have showed nothing offensively and Chuck Pagano has something going on with the Colts's defense.  They are beginning to come around as they played pretty great last week in a big win over the 49ers.  

Baltimore over Buffalo is a good matchup as the Ravens' defense seems to be coming around and I don't expect much out of the Buffalo offense.  The main issue will be if Flacco and company lay an offensive egg as they tend to do to bad teams every once in a while.  Baltimore and the Giants are 2 teams that probably kill the most suicide pools from my experience.

I would stay away from Seattle as they are going into Houston.  The Seahawks are probably one of the 2 best teams at this point along with the Broncos, but they are not a great road team and Houston is coming off a pretty bad loss and are being written off for the most part this week.  I don't think many people would be using New England this week, but I would not especially if they are without Gronk and Amendola.

If I had to pick off the grid, I would go with the Redskins as they are not as bad as they have played.  I expect RGIII to go to Oakland and pick up their first win, which they blew last week as they had several chances.  Good luck and see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment