Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Chad Henne to Remain Starter?

What will this upcoming
season bring for Henne
Here is one of those instances where I have been wrong, but I hope to still be right eventually.  I was a big fan of the Miami Dolphins quarterback, Chad Henne when he was a Michigan Wolverine.  He was my favorite quarterback coming out of the draft and when he finally was given the chance to start I thought the stars would align.  Since he has become the starter, he has not been consistent enough even though he has a great defense behind him as well as a great left tackle in Jake long, who also was his tackle in college.  This year he was given a great wide receiver in Brandon Marshall along with some solid ones in Brian Hartline and Davone Bess.  To top it off he has Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown as his running backs as well a solid tight end in Anthony Fasano.  The Dolphins have acquired Brian Daboll as the new offensive coordinator and at this point will give Henne another chance.  I hope that I am wrong as I don't see anything to make me think he can get it done as his decision making has been terrible, which later in the season made him gun shy.  Good luck to you Chad Henne because if not you could be on the Matt Leinart train to backup for life duty.  Hope you are listening Jimmy Clausen, I liked you a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment