Thursday, January 27, 2011

I am beginning to Respect Wes Welker again

You broke my heart Wes
Let me clarify a couple of things because I know this might sound strange.  When New England signed Wes Welker in 2007, they also signed another wide receiver you might have heard of him, Randy Moss.  Living in Boston, I was often criticized for stating that an unknown guy name Wes Welker was the bigger pickup for us.  Welker was my type of guy as he was a tough little guy that had great hands and made the big guys look stupid, which for the most part describes my playing style except I am fifty levels below him as I do it playing flag football and have him beat by 5 knee surgeries to 1.    You could say I had a mancrush and after a few years in New England people how great he was.  Wouldn't you know it I didn't look that crazy for saying what I said a few years earlier.  Anyway, me and Wes broke up as we were both at Shrine for the MGM grand opening at Mohegan Sun and dude acted like a total d-bag.  Don't get me wrong, I am not a star f***er and it wasn't like everybody was all over him and in fact I don't think anybody even noticed him as he wore jeans, boots and a John Deere hat to a formal event, which was probably the only thing that got him noticed.  He was pissed that I had asked to get a picture, which didn't even come out good and we never asked for the second.  I was done with him forever.
Here we are after he stated a couple of funny foot references, which I thought was dumb, at a press conference.  He goes out and drops a couple of key throws in the playoff game against the Jets.  Now he does something I was pretty surprised about, he admitted what he did in public and didn't try to hide it, which he probably could have.  He is also in the news stating that he doesn't deserve an extension after a pretty good year for most receivers.  This is a breath of fresh air, maybe not for the agent, but for the rest of us.  At any rate, Welker could be climbing back into my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment