Friday, September 16, 2011

Gambler's Corner Roundup for week 2

After a 1-2 start last week, hopefully this will be a bit of a redemption week.  Just to let you know most wiseguys are happy to pick at a 58% clip.  Of course, I was at 33%, but this is a work in progress and I did finish the last few weeks of 2010 postseason undefeated.  I also like to tease more than take teams straight up so I am getting used to it still.
Now to the picks.  The first of them will be a team that I would never take had they won a big Sunday night game vs the Jets, but fortunately they lost and they can not afford to lose against the SF 49ers.  They are giving 3 points, but I do like them this week as Jenkins is looking like he is back to pro bowl form and I do love this defense.  I don't think this 49ers team is ready to win 2 games in a row, so take the Cowboys giving the points.
I am scared about this second pick, but just like the 82nd airborne says "Courage is when you are scared, but you go anyway."  So drumroll please, I am taking Tampa Bay on the road getting 3 vs Minnesota.  I don't think McNabb has the offense down yet and Tampa needs to get this win.  Minnesota looks pretty bad offensively without a main receiving threat like a Sidney Rice.  Percy Harvin loses his luster without a true vertical threat, which Bernard Berrian has not become.  This was a situation set to fail, and get ready for a new franchise LA, because here comes Minnesota.
For the risk takers, if I had a gun to my head I would go with Baltimore giving 6 on the road and Houston giving 3 on the road.  Only the original 2 count though, so don't hold these 2 against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment