Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 4 Suicide Picks

Take Rodgers for the easy win, don't
be greedy!
Suicide picks were the lone bright spot for ATP last week and we are still alive in our pools, so if you are still alive in yours, let us see if we can get you by this week.  The obvious choice is Green Bay vs Denver, as any team can win in any week, but Green Bay at home is the best choice and if you haven't used them yet, take them.  For the record, the rest of the larger spreads I am a bit wary of.  Tampa is playing Indy at home and is a heavy favorite, but they haven't shown me that they are worthy and Indy showed me something last week.  If I had to, I would go Tampa, but I for one am staying away.  The 2 teams that I have been wrestling with are New Orleans and Buffalo.  They are both on the road and I think that the Buffalo at Cincy game, could be a let down game after a big come back win vs NE last week.  I think I am going with New Orleans just because of the let down game worry.  Both teams are in the same situation, where they are high powered offenses going against offensively challenged teams, which takes away some of the worry for me.  Jacksonville has a rookie quarterback with no big threat receivers, so they should not be able to keep up with Brees and the Saints.  I do like Buffalo more than Tampa though.  For the record, I am going with Green Bay and the Saints.
My riskier picks for the less conservative.  I like Minnesota to get its first win on the road vs KC, as Jared Allen is highly motivated and they can't keep losing these first half leads.  Get ready to see a lot of Adrian Peterson if they have a lead and close out this game.  Tennessee is a half point underdog at Cleveland, but I like them to win this game as Hasselback is quietly playing as good as most quarterbacks in this league with a rating of over 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment