Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Week 3 Thoughts

I would like to first apologize for fantasy picks as they were the exact opposite of the week before, where pretty much all of them flopped.  I did somehow predict Vick would get hurt though, so if you listened to me there, that could have helped you.  It is confirmed, I am human.  My gambling theory did not work out so good this past week either.  One thing I do realize on that front, wait until that morning to put in the bet on an over/under so you know what the weather is like as it was obviously going to be tough to put up points in the monsoon that the Jags and Panthers played in.  The Bengals and 49ers were just offensively challenged and I will put that one on my shoulders.  Suicide picks were a bit scary as predicted, with the Chargers and Steelers squeaking out a win.  I went one and one with my gamble picks as the Jets couldn't pull one in Oakland, but Cam Newton was able to get his first victory against the Jags.

A couple of quick thoughts about what I saw this past weekend.  First things first, the Washington Redskins have a solid defense.  I think their offense is not good enough to really do too much damage against good teams, but they have a solid defense that should not be taken lightly.

Vick woes will lead to Eagle woes
all year long. 
The Philadelphia Eagles look exactly how I thought they would look.  They are a team that did not do enough to help out their run game or stop the run game, which has been their weakness on defense the past couple of years.  That being said, as long as Vick stays healthy, they are the best team in the NFC East despite the media going the other way now.

Between the Buffalo Bills and Detroit Lions, the team that I could see making the playoffs out of these 3-0 teams is the Detroit Lions.  They both have good offenses, but I like Detroit's defense much more.  Come winter time, when you can't throw the ball around in Buffalo like they have been, I am not sure if Freddy Jackson will be able to lift them to the top of the AFC East.  I would like to see both teams make it though.  Detroit, playing in a dome will be able to do what they have been all season long, at least at home they will.  Nick Fairley, will be coming back soon, which will only help the defense that much more.

The New York Jets need some help on defense, as they look border line pathetic vs the run.  Revis can only do so much on his island.  It seems like they need a lot of help on the rest of their island chain.  As long as we are talking about defense, the NE Patriots are looking especially bad.  Not that they should have been in the Jets' class when talking about defense, but these guys look really bad.  Devin McCourty has taken a huge step back so far and the Pats will need him to get back to form in a hurry.

It was good to see the Colts and Chiefs actually put up a fight this week as it was beginning to look like they shouldn't even bother to show up on Sundays.  The Colts did a great job stopping the Steelers running game, which is maybe the most impressive thing I saw this weekend.

I will look to redeem myself this upcoming weekend, so please do not lose faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment