Sunday, September 11, 2011

Suicide and Gambling Picks for Week One

This will be the first of my weekly picks for the degenerates out there and I am going to start out with a doozy stating that  I would take Pittsburgh who is a pick em over Baltimore and I will also go with the over at 36.5.  Sounds crazy with these 2 great defenses, but I think Pittsburgh will be able to throw on these guys.  For fantasy people, I am not a huge fan of the Baltimore Defense.  They are more of a name now than anything else, I would say they are a top 10 but in the later part.  A lot of new defensive backs out there that will need to prove something before I can get behind them.
I like the under in the Jets vs the Cowboys, which is at 41.  I think both of these defenses are going to have a lot to prove this weekend and this will stay under easily.
My suicide picks of the week are usually teams that I feel are can't miss, I don't like to be pretty about it and make these crazy picks, which is why I would never take Pitt over Baltimore as even though I think they will win, it is too risky to do week one.  I am going to try and get to week 2 with Arizona over Carolina, as Carolina's defense won't be able to do much against the Cardinals.  There will be a lot of running by Carolina, so I don't like this as a gamble pick as the Cards are giving 7 points.  I would take Arizona in the suicide pool and stay away from the gambling end.
My second pick for the suicide pool is the NE Patriots over the Dolphins.  I think the Dolphins will be better than people think, but I am playing it safe and I don't think there is any chance that the Patriots don't win this game.
Suicide pool game that I don't like that people are crowing about is Philly over St. Louis.  I would stay away from it.  I could see Steve Spagnuolo's defense come up big in this game and if Philly can't stop the run, forget about it.  In St. Louis, a lot of pressure on Philly, this could be an upset.
Good luck and make some money this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment