Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fantasy Options for Week 6

ATP has been doing well in the fantasy roundup and even the gambles have done fairly well.  I like this week and I feel fairly confident in this week's picks.  Mind you, there are certain guys that are obvious so  I don't mention them as a guy like Cam Newton is fast becoming.  I like him this week, in case you were wondering.

Must Start


Tony Romo and his receiving options, I really like this group this week, so if you have any of them, which includes Witten, Austin and Bryant start them quickly.  If Romo has 2 touchdowns, I will be surprised, I expect at least 3.  Not a huge Felix Jones fan, because of his lack of goal line carries.  Start him for a ppr league though.

Eli Manning, Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw, I am going back to these guys this week as I expect a lot of points in this game versus the Bills.  You can go deeper on the receiver depth chart if you are desperate or play in a 10 or 12 team league.  On the flip side, I like Ryan Fitzpatrick this week and
Fred Jackson is a must start, even though I don't love him this week.  Jackson pretty much scores at least once a game and he gets yards rushing and receiving.  Tough not to start, when 15 points is a bad game for this guy.

Daniel Thomas,  although I need to root against him as the Jets are my suicide pick, this guy should have a big game as Matt Moore is starting for the first time in a while.  I am really scared of this pick even though they are at home.

I would have a Redskins running back here as I do every week against Philly, but much like the Patriots and my comment from last week, it is tough to get behind one guy.  As a team, I like them to rush well, so I will leave it up to you if you want to start Torrain or Hightower.

Can't Start


Frank Gore,  I think that the Lions will key Gore this week as this is a big game for them.  Harbaugh will want to run him a lot, but I think Suh and company will hold their own at home.

Maurice Jones-Drew,  there are no receiving options and Gabbert is getting a tough rap because of that, but I think he will be fine.  The Steelers are geared up for MJD and I think they will need to be shown differently before they game plan differently.

Mendenhall, I am not feeling him today as there are probably better options out there at the moment.  He might get in the end zone but I think the Jaguars have done a fairly decent job stopping runners.

Gambles

Adrian Peterson, much like McFadden last week, most people will be resigned to start him as he is a top pick, but I don't like him this week.  Until McNaab starts beating people on his own, defenses will gear up to stop him and without any real passing threat, I see mediocre numbers for AP tonight.

Arian Foster,  I like him better than AP, but the Ravens don't have to worry about Andre Johnson this week so they can focus on Foster.

AJ Green,  I actually like this guy as a starter, I am just not ready to make him a must start, but he is fast becoming one.  He is becoming the go to guy for Dalton, who is not afraid to just throw it up around the goal line.  Expect at least a touchdown for this guy.

Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson,  yes I said these guys going into Green Bay as gamble starts.  Either their defense can't hold Aaron Rodgers and company out of the red zone, which will force a lot of throwing or the Rams coming off a bye, show that they aren't as bad as their current 0-4 record shows.  I would love to see an upset that being said as this would be huge for my suicide picks.  Go Rams!

No comments:

Post a Comment