Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Raiders and Bengals Both Make a Great Move! Wait What?

I know I am little bit late to this party but I did want to chime in as I wanted to post this a couple of days back.  The title of this blog really says it all.  I never in a million years that I would say that about either of the organizations, but to say it about both in the same sentence.  It is just preposterous!

I owe an apology to Mike Brown as he worked this one out perfectly as the Bengals could get 2 first round draft picks, which is more than what he would have got had he tried in the offseason.  Good for him.  I don't think they will make the playoffs this year, but things are looking up as he has a good rookie connection going for years to come.  Not sold on Andy Dalton getting them a ring, but I think Cincinnati will be happy to be a relevant team for years to come, which is a big plus for them.

The Raiders did what they had to do here as they have not been in contention since their Super Bowl appearance in the 2002 season.  I like what they did regardless of how Carson Palmer does.  He might do alright or he might do miserably, but I agree that the Raiders had to pull the trigger on Palmer.  They could not rely on Kyle Boller to get them into the playoffs.  Good luck to both, but I would put my money on the Raiders making a wild card before the Bengals.

No comments:

Post a Comment