Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gambler's Corner Roundup for week 6

Well if you listened to me last week, you made some money as I went 2-1 and in my one loss, Minnesota took Arizona to the woodshed.  I like Minnesota and I think I was mad at them from the previous week when they lost to KC.  Now that I know they can win, I will be more careful going against them.

On to this week.  I have to be honest I am not crazy about this week.  If you were smart enough to get in on Philly earlier in the week, I would feel better about it, but I will still take Philly giving 3, going to Washington.  It sounds crazy, but they need this win in a bad way.  The line was around 1 or 2 and I even saw them as an underdog by half a point earlier in the week, which I would have felt much better about.  That being said, the Eagles had a players only meeting and I hope they realize how big this game is.  It could be very likely, that if they pull out a win they could be 1.5 games back of the Redskins, a game back of the Giants and a half game behind the Cowboys as the Giants and Cowboys could very easily lose today.

I usually don't like to give 12.5 points, but I am going to have to see Blaine Gabbert beat somebody with his arm as I know Pitt is geared up to stop MJD this week.  Pitt is back on stride offensively and even though I like the Jaguars defense as they don't give up much, I wouldn't be surprised to see a defensive touchdown from the Steelers as well to help cover.

In the last game, I like the Ravens to beat the Texans and cover the 7 points.  The Texans are without Andre Johnson and Mario Williams, their biggest playmakers on both sides of the ball.  Just too much to handle for the Schaub, Foster and company as this defense is hitting its stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment