Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gambler's Corner Roundup

It was a pretty disheartening week last time around. Two big factors were the Packers letting off the gas with a 16 point lead, to only end up winning by 6 and Baltimore's total disfunction.  That is a big reason I never think of Baltimore as a Super Bowl team.  They are a good team, but not one that is going to win the big game any time soon.
On to this week where hopefully better results lie.  The first pick of the week is going to be the NE Patriots giving 3 at Pittsburgh.  I know it sounds kind of crazy, but NE matches up really good with these guys and seem to have their number.  The Steelers have the number one defense, but they have played some weak competition and I don't think they slow down Brady and company.  I think the Patriot defense is beginning to come around as well, which could mean big trouble for the rest of the league.
My next pick is another road warrior as I like Detroit to go into Denver and beat Tebowmania by more than the 3 that they are given.  I think this is a huge game for Detroit and they need to prove that they are not slowing down.  Tim Tebow will have a tough time against this Detroit front and it will be a long day for him.  I like him as a person, but he has a long way to go before I think he can cut it at this level.
My last pick will be a three team tease as after taking off 9 points for each game, you can have Houston beating the Jags, the Giants beating Miami and San Fransisco beating the Browns to cover.  No spread, it will be an even pick for all 3 games with the tease.  Outside of upsets, you should be good with this threesome.  The Giants will be weary after bombing vs Seattle at home, so coming off a bye they will be ready for Miami and it will not be a let down.  Good luck and go make some Keash!

No comments:

Post a Comment