Friday, October 28, 2011

Suicide picks for week 8

Unfortunately, I am not alive to in my own pool, but I am going to still give out my picks as that is what a good blogger should do.  I am not going to complain about the putrid play of Baltimore on Monday night vs the Jags, or the horrible unnecessary roughness call that basically gave the Jags a 2 score lead, or the horrible call to kick an onside kick, when they could have kicked it deep and got the ball back with decent field position down 2.  I am not going to complain about it.
Anyway, there are a few picks to choose from this week.  If you are in a second chance pool, the obvious picks are the Saints against St. Louis or the Ravens at home vs the Arizona Cardinals.  Those are both pretty safe as the Ravens are great at home and the Saints are clicking on all cylinders.  If you are in a deeper pool, I like the Titans to get off this rough patch vs the Colts, who are looking to win the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes.  If Chris Johnson is ever going to get going this season, this would most certainly be the week to do it as the Colts never stop the run that well.
I also like the Houston Texans to beat the Jags at home.  Usually, I don't trust the Texans, but they are looking pretty good now that Arian Foster is back.  Another reason, the Jags can't pull off 2 big wins in a row.
Another one for the road, is the New York Giants to beat the Dolphins pretty handily as the Dolphins can't score with them and they are in New York, with them coming off a bye.  These are all pretty good picks, but as you know anything can happen and you need your team to show up, so good luck to all that are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment