Sunday, October 9, 2011

Gambler's Corner Roundup for week 5

It is been fairly 50-50 here at ATP, with these picks so tread with caution as you would be losing with the juice.  Unless you did a three team tease last week with my picks, then you would have covered, which is what I usually do.

I have 2 picks this week that are battles of futility.  In the first game, I like Kansas City getting 2.5 points to go into Indy and come out with an outright win.  I think the Chiefs realize this is a game they need to win and want to keep the momentum going.  Indy has had some key injuries that will cause more problems than Painter can handle.  I expect it to be fairly low scoring, so if you want to tease the 39 point under, feel free to do that.

The next game I like is Arizona to go into Minnesota and cover getting 3 points.  Minnesota is going to have to show me they can win, before making them a 3 point favorite.  When your red zone target is Michael Jenkins, you don't really have the right to be a 3 point favorite even if you are at home.

My surprise special of the week is to take Carolina getting 7 points as even though I like New Orleans in the suicide pool, I realize that is a game that Carolina can win and definitely cover at home.  New Orleans is going to put a lot of pressure on Carolina, but nobody has seemed to be getting to him so far so I will cover my ass and take the Panthers to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment