Friday, October 14, 2011

Suicide picks for week 6

Last week was a tough week, which ATP knew was coming and many pools were decimated by the all time great suicide killers, the NY Giants.  There is a reason I don't trust them and they showed us last week.  If you are still alive, we congratulate you.  Now, it is going to get down to the nitty gritty.

Unfortunately for me, I have used Green Bay and Pittsburgh as those are the obvious choices of the week.  So I am praying for an upset on both accounts as there are only 8 people left in my pool and I know that 4 of them have GB left.  Let's go Sam Bradford and the St. Louis Rams.  I am praying to the suicide pool Gods to have the Rams do what they did a few years back and as a friend of mine can attest, I said it would happen.  The Saints were undefeated after at least 5 or 6 weeks going against the winless Rams and he took the Saints above my advice because I knew it was their week and sure enough the winless were winless no more.  I don't think that will happen this time around as Green Bay is a very good team and the Saints were not in my opinion and I am pretty sure they failed to make the playoffs that year.  Pittsburgh, is a Jekyll and Hyde team, but they will turn it around and they know they need to win this game, but a guy can hope can't he.
Praying to the Suicide Pool
Gods to let the Sanchize get me a Win!

So, if you are in the same boat as me and you need to pick somebody who is not obvious, I am going to go with dare I say it, the NY Jets.  They are at home going against a winless Miami team who is starting a new quarterback as Chad Henne is out for the year.  I could see this upset happening more so than the Rams beating the Packers, but this is the life of a suicide pool participant.

It may sound strange to say it, but as a gamble pick, I am going to take the Philadelphia Eagles to go into Washington and get a win.  I know they are an underdog but they need this win.  It is tough as the Redskins are coming off a bye week and have had plenty of time to figure out how to win this week.  I am going with my gut and say that the Eagles pull it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment