Friday, October 7, 2011

Suicide picks for week 5

We are now getting down to the nitty-gritty as this week is the first true challenge of the year where we can not coast on easy picks.  This is where ATP must earn its money. Hopefully, most people stayed away from Buffalo last week as they were obviously not ready to jump into the suicide pick limelight.
The first pick, which may seem obvious considering what the other choices are is the New York Giants.  Being at home, makes me a feel a little bit better because I haven't trusted the Giants since 2008 as a suicide pick.  They are playing Seattle, who has never been good on the road and they are a big favorite. We all need to roll with the Giants as the other options are not good.
My second option will be the New Orleans Saints to win a tough one at Carolina.  Don't like this one as much as the Saints are notorious to play down to their opponents.  My thought process is that Gregg Williams will dial up a lot of crazy blitzes for Cam Newton to handle.  That being said, New Orleans is not a defensive juggernaut and I could see Cam doing his thing vs this defense as well.  I am just hoping Brees will put up enough points to offset him.
My risky pick, as I will only do one this week is the San Diego Chargers going into Denver.  Another team that you never know what you will get.  The three teams the Chargers have beat are a combined
1-11.  That being said, they have a strong defense and Philip Rivers so I will go with these guys this week.  I know New England is a big favorite, but you might as well toss a coin in that game as it might be the biggest NFL rivalry at the moment.  I stay away from that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment